It is Friday! In the wee hours of the night, the Republican Party destroyed the chances for our country to investigate the closest our nation has come to a coup d’etat since the main form of visual media was the daguerreotype. It’s not surprisng but it is a sad statement about where our country is at. But it is Friday! We have a long weekend to spend with loved ones and friends, and to think about the millions of those who have come before us and passed on after defending our country in its many battles these last 244 years, 10 months, and 24 days.
- McConnell asks for ‘a personal favor’ and Republicans respond, filibustering Jan. 6 commission
- ‘Democrats will proceed to find the truth,’ Pelosi says after Republicans kill Jan. 6 commission
- Without realizing it, Manchin admits his absurd bipartisan schtick is dooming Democratic success
- McConnell killed the Jan. 6 commission, and Manchin and Sinema let him
- Trump lickspittles have taken over Republican Party, but a handful of rebels play long game
From the community:
- A 3-year-old child dies in Vieques, Puerto Rico, which still has no hospital
- California’s Water Crisis
- Maricopa County AZ Recorder, Republican Stephen Richer, Calls Audit “Insane” & Gives Details.